Inform, coordinate and facilitate statewide efforts to ensure that a well-trained, adequately distributed, and flexible healthcare workforce is available to meet the needs of an efficient and effective healthcare system in Oklahoma.
- By October 2016, statewide health workforce efforts are being coordinated through a single, centralized entity.
- By January 2016, labor demand and program supply for 20 critical healthcare occupations are identified and quantified through the development of a longitudinal, multi-sourced data set that is available for public use.
- By October 2019, strategies are in place to reduce identified supply gaps for 20 critical health occupations.
- By November 2019, at least five recommended policies and programs that support and retain an optimized health workforce have been implemented.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports on health workforce supply and demand;
- Research and analysis of state health professional education and training capacity;
- Recommend recruitment and retention strategies for areas determined by the Oklahoma Primary Care Office or the Oklahoma Office of Rural Health to be areas of high need; and
- Assessment of health workforce policy, evaluation of impact on Oklahoma’s health system and health outcomes, and developing health workforce policy recommendations.
December 12, 2019; minutes
Shelly Dunham, Co-Chair
CEO, Okeene Municipal Hospital, Okeene
VP of Compensation and Benefits, Devon Energy
Jason Eliot, J.D.
Chief Experience and Talent Officer, INTEGRIS Health
Randy Grellner, DO
Daniel Joyce, DO
Physician, Fort Sill
John Zubialde, MD
Physician, Oklahoma City
William Pettit, DO
Deana Tharp, LPC
CEO, Stigler Health and Wellness Center, Inc.
Shelly Wells, Ph.D., RN
Division of Nursing Chairperson, Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Chief Risk Officer and Health Informatics Program Manager, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma’s Health Services Authority
Scientific Co-Chair, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma’s Institutional Review Board
CEO, Companion Health Services
Randy Curry, D.Ph.
Rural Health Coordinator, Southwestern Oklahoma State University
President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Jana Castleberry, Manager of Health Workforce Development
Oklahoma State Department of Health