Information about any open positions with the Oklahoma Office of Workforce Development can be found on the website of the Oklahoma Department of Commerce.
Workforce Project Manager
The Workforce Project Manager is responsible for supporting workforce development initiatives for the State of Oklahoma. Key responsibilities include assisting in the implementation of large-scale initiatives that align workforce and education efforts across partners, promoting workforce development activities through targeted communications, and supporting the work of the Governor’s Council for Workforce and Economic Development. These duties involve working with a variety of state agency leadership, prominent business leaders, and local stakeholders to coordinate workforce development initiatives and projects. The individual will assist with the development of project timelines and evaluation methods, carry out key workforce strategies, and help monitor and report outcomes for these activities.
This position requires extensive verbal and written communication skills, a mastery of multi-tasking and prioritizing, the ability to plan and facilitate various meetings, a willingness to travel, an interest in relationship building, and a passion for helping create better opportunities for job seekers and improved economic success for Oklahoma.
- Implement strategic work plans to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Connect local and regional priorities with state priorities and implement strategies for connecting diverse initiatives.
- Build strong, dynamic relationships with local, regional, and state public and private partners.
- Facilitate and plan meetings and events for small, mid-sized, and large groups throughout the state.
- Create presentations, reports, newsletters, social media posts, and other materials for public distribution.
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects, deadlines, and interests simultaneously.