May 27, 2020
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
May 27, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
These workshops are a part of a four part series. The 103 and 104 workshops should be attended by those who have already completed the 101 and 102 workshops.
This session will cover both SKILLFUL Talent Series 103: Selection and Onboarding and SKILLFUL Talent Series 104: Employee Retention.
In order to accomplish your organization’s goals, you may be tempted to select and onboard your new hires as fast as you can, with little thought given to selection and onboarding.
If so, you’re not alone. All too often, organizations rely on outdated checklists to onboard new employees. These processes use a one-size-fits-all approach and make it more difficult for new hires to get up to speed.
When you focus your onboarding on the new hire’s skills, you are able to concentrate on any gaps they made have. The SHRM Foundation found that structured onboarding processes increased likelihood a new hire stays for three years by 69%.
In SKILLFUL Talent Series 103: Selection and Onboarding, an interactive workshop hosted by Skillful, you’ll learn how to:
- Eliminate candidates that do not meet your standards for required skills
- Facilitate discussion with everyone involved in the hiring process about the highest-scoring candidates
- Select the best candidate based on their skills
- Onboard your new hire and equip them with the tools and skills they need to succeed
This program is valid for a total of 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP(r) or SHRM-SCP(r).
In SKILLFUL Talent Series 104: Employee Retention, an interactive workshop hosted by Skillful, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify what skills your new hire has, and what skills they need
- Set up a training program to upskill new and current employees
- Create a clear career pathway for your employees
- Easily connect raises to skills developed
A recent study by Randstad found that 26% primary reason for leaving their last job was a lack of career development and advancement. By helping your employees upskill, and by promoting them based on their skills, you future-proof your workforce while also improving retention.
This program is valid for a total of 1.5 PDCs for SHRM-CP(r) or SHRM-SCP(r).
This session is an online workshop in which you will have numerous ways to participant, discuss the topics with peers, and start developing real solutions to implement in your organization. It is recommended that you join on a computer with audio and video capabilities to get the most of this session.