Skip to main content design--angle-right
See Apprenticeship Opportunities in Oklahoma Learn More

A: If you experience a slow-down in business, causing a reduction in available work hours for employees, your employees may be eligible for partial unemployment benefits.

A: If you need to shut down operations temporarily, your employees may be able to receive unemployment benefits. Depending on the size of your business, there are two options. The easiest method would be to have employees file online. When filing, they would need to provide a return to work date within eight weeks of the last day worked. Another option is for your business to submit a mass claim. A mass claim is initiated by the employer when a temporary shutdown occurs. In order to file the mass claim the employer must have at least 25 employees and must complete an excel file with specific information on each employee. The file will establish claims and employees will need to file weekly certifications for payment until they return to work. Inquiries on mass claims may be sent to Please note, mass claims need a few days to process to ensure that the file is correct. If you have closed and are unable to correspond with the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC), please have your employees file their own claims here.

A: The Oklahoma Department of Commerce, Office of Workforce Development, and the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission partner to provide Rapid Response services to businesses in transition, downsizing, laying off workers and/or closing a facility. This includes coordination with key state and regional partners to explore alternative layoff aversion strategies if possible. You will also need to submit a termination form (OES-24) online through the EzTaxExpress portal at

A: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Learn more.

A: The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program is a federal entitlement program that assists U.S. workers who have lost or may lose their jobs as a result of foreign trade. This program seeks to provide adversely affected workers with access to funding opportunities to obtain the skills, credentials, resources, and support necessary to become reemployed.

A: The federal Small Business Administration (SBA) may be able to provide assistance through the Economic Injury Disaster Loans program to businesses that have suffered substantial economic injury in an eligible disaster area. Congress approved up to $7 billion in low-interest disaster loans specifically to assist small businesses impacted by COVID-19. These loans can help small businesses meet financial obligations and cover operating expenses.

Please contact the Department of Commerce website for more information.