Employee FAQs Regarding the Coronavirus [COVID-19]
A: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. Learn more about your rights under the FFCRA.
A: If you are not receiving payment from your employer, such as paid sick leave or paid time off, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits during this period. Click here for more information on filing an unemployment claim.
A: In these cases, you would likely be eligible for unemployment benefits during the layoff period. If your hours are reduced, then you would likely be eligible for benefits to assist in time loss. In the case of a temporary lay-off, if you have a return to work date within 8-weeks, then you are not required to conduct a work search. Click here for more information on filing an unemployment claim.
A: You may be eligible to access free education and training resources through Oklahoma Works. Contact your local workforce center for more information.
A: The State of Oklahoma has many programs and services available to Oklahomans experiencing job loss or a reduction in income.
- File for Unemployment: OK Employment Security Commission
- Food Stamps (SNAP): OK Department of Human Services – 1-866-411-1877
- Emergency Financial Assistance (TANF): OK Department of Human Services – 1-866-411-1877
- Help with Utility Services: OK Department of Human Services – 1-866-411-1877
- Job Search Resources: Oklahoma Works – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education and Training Resources: Oklahoma Works – email@example.com
- Insurance Questions: OK Insurance Department
- General questions:firstname.lastname@example.org