COVID-19 is having a unique impact on certain elements of Oklahoma’s Workforce System. This page will serve as an update on unemployment insurance, American Job Centers, companies hiring, resources, and other workforce needs.
Follow us on Twitter for round the clock Oklahoma job news www.twitter.com/oklaworks.
American Job Centers:
All of Oklahoma’s American Job Centers are closed to the public. Click here for more information about accessing workforce resources.
Filing Unemployment Claims:
The Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) is working with Federal and State Officials on continuing efforts for the Unemployment Insurance Program. If you need to file an unemployment claim and need helping doing so click here.
Important Info Below from OESC:
- If you need to register for work, go to https://okjobmatch.com/ada/r/.
- If you need to report to show identification fax a copy of two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo-ID to: 405-962-7524.
- If you were scheduled for a group session call the number that was listed on the notice you received. For a listing of local office telephone numbers go to https://www.ok.gov/oesc/Job_Seekers/Oklahoma_Works_American_Job_Centers/index.html and select the appropriate office. You may also use this link to find an office if you have a question regarding work registration.
- If you need to file a claim, go to https://unemployment.state.ok.us/.
- If you need to speak to an unemployment claim representative call 1-800-555-1554.
- If you have a question regarding a questionnaire you received, call the number listed on the questionnaire.
- If you need to file quarterly reports or pay taxes, go to the EZ Tax website at https://eztaxexpress.oesc.state.ok.us/.
- If you have any questions about your tax account, call 405-552-6799.
- If you need to submit any documentation or respond to any tax determinations you have received from OESC, please fax it to 405-557-7271.
- If you have a question about responding to or protesting an unemployment benefit claim, call 405-552-6799 and follow the prompts.
- If you need to provide documentation for an unemployment benefit claim, fax it to 405-962-7524 or mail it to OESC P.O. Box 52006 Oklahoma City, Ok 73152-2006.
Please visit OKJobMatch. You can also download the OKJobMatch app for iPhone and Android users.
Many retailers are hiring due to increased demand for goods such as groceries, stocking and delivery.
Many of the state’s hospitals are looking for a variety positions. Please visit their websites.
If your business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 please visit damage.ok.gov.
Learn how to file a WARN notice.
Questions about layoffs:
If you are experiencing a layoff, find resources to help you transition to your next job.
Employers can access assistance with layoffs, furloughs, or voluntary buyouts.
Want to learn more about COVID-19?