training, and career options Grow and manage
your business Hire a Veteran
Oklahoma Career Expo Week
What is Oklahoma Career Expo Week?
This week-long event connects students with businesses to give our future talent an opportunity to explore the possibilities that await them in Oklahoma. Events during Career Expo Week allow local employers to showcase critical careers in demand industries to inspire and recruit new talent, and give Oklahoma’s talent a front row seat to experience the wide array of careers available within our State.
Oklahoma Works is designed to align education and training to the needs of businesses so that more Oklahomans can achieve economic success. To do this, our private and public partners across the state are investing in long-term strategies to develop and nurture our current and future talent pipeline.
Oklahoma Career Expo Week was created in 2017 to:
- Introduce people to careers in businesses and industries in Oklahoma’s driver and complementary ecosystems and critical occupations;
- Empower Oklahoma businesses and industries in the state’s ecosystems and KEN regions to engage with educators, students, parents, and others about career opportunities;
- Change misconceptions of Oklahoma’s demand and critical occupations and the businesses and industries in Oklahoma’s driver and complementary ecosystems;
- Draw attention to the roles businesses and industries play in communities across the state; and
- Underscore the economic and social significance of demand and critical occupations and businesses and industries in Oklahoma’s ecosystems.
We are asking businesses throughout Oklahoma to partner with their local schools to provide opportunities for students to experience career options either on the business site or in the classroom.
Students, parents, educators, non-profit executives, government and business leaders are welcome to participate in statewide events throughout the week. Sponsored events for Career Expo Week include activities targeted to students in K-12 and beyond, such as hosting on-site job shadow experiences and industry tours, promoting internships or apprenticeships, participating in classroom presentations or project-based learning, and more.
Career Expo Week Event Planning Guide: free event planning resource to make planning your event easy.
Events should be registered on this site and can be marked as public or invitation-only events. We will assist in promoting registered events. Check back for event registration.
Sponsorship helps provide travel stipends/scholarships, host employer engagement events, provide work-based learning training workshops, provide outreach to businesses and schools, and promote events statewide. Check back for sponsorship opportunities.