training, and career options Grow and manage
your business Hire a Veteran
Workforce System Oversight Committee (WSOC)
Next Meeting: April 13, 2018, 1:00pm, Will Rogers Bldg., Fifth Floor, 2401 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK
Make recommendations, inform, coordinate and facilitate statewide efforts to improve Oklahomans’ exposure to high-demand career and entrepreneurship opportunities, along with the education and training required for entry into and advancement within a chosen career. Develop industry sector strategies in state and regional ecosystems to ensure that the education and training system is delivering the skills needed by employers.
- Certify Workforce Development Boards in compliance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Continue designing, aligning and integrating Oklahoma’s workforce/talent development and delivery system.
- Set system-wide metrics and performance expectations.
- Identify and conduct service delivery efficiency pilot projects.
- Research and identify operational and organizational strategies that will help make workforce boards stronger and service delivery better.
- Develop guidance to make the workforce system more effective and efficient.
- Development of the State Plan, Council Strategic Plan, and the Annual Report.
- Work with regional planning areas to develop planning documents.
- Coordinate and ensure support at the local and state level to the Oklahoma Works vision.
- Through a partner supported subcommittee, provide guidance in the form of policy and technical assistance to ensure compliance to WIOA local areas and designated local planning regions, to ensure statewide metrics and required performance are met.
- Convene statewide workforce development partners and local workforce development boards and provide venues and opportunities for continued system building.
- Support and facilitation for pilot projects to provide models for the statewide system
- Plan and develop statewide summits for the Local Elected Officials and board members to continue regional planning.
- System Oversight Subcommittee (SOS)
Co-Chair: DeAnna Smith, Chief, RES Support and Compliance/Contributions, Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
Co-Chair: Jared Bates, Innovation, Research and Quality, Oklahoma Department of Career Tech
The SOS is the working arm of the Workforce System Oversight Committee and is focused on developing the system-wide framework and policy documents necessary for compliance with WIOA legislation and federal regulation. The committee is also tasked with compliance review of the system, including the local Oklahoma Works Centers across the state.
Attachments for 4/13 meeting:
Waiver State Plan Flexibility Inquiry Memo
Attachments for 1/26 meeting:
1. OOWD Memo WSOC 1.26.18
2. OWDI Draft-EO Discrimination Procedures final draft
2a. Discrimination Complaint Appendix A_complaint_form and consent
2b. Discrimination Complaint Appendix B_consent_to_mediate
2c. Discrimination Complaint Appendix C_sample_agreement
2d. Discrimination Complaint Appendix D_communication_log
2e. Discrimination Complaint Appendix E_complaint_log
3. #13-2017 Nondiscrimination EO Policy v.2 final draft
4. OWDI #08-2017, Change 1 _ Data Integrity _ Final Draft
5. OWDI 21-2017 Change 1 Data Validation_Final Draft
6. OWDI #09-2017 Core Performance Change 1_Final Draft
6a. Service Definitions Final Draft Glossary
7. Supplemental Wage – Final Draft
8. Roles and Responsibilities V3 Final9. Worksite Agreement Policy 1.23.2017
9a. Attachment A Worksite Terms and Conditions 1.23.2017
9b. Attachment B WIOA Trainee Work Plan 1.23.2017
9c. Attachment C WIOA Trainee Time Sheet 1.23.2017
9d. Attachment D WIOA Work Experience Trainee Evaluation
9e. Attachment E Work Experience Orientation
9f. Attachment F Work Experience Incident Report
10. OWDI #16-2017 Grievance and Complaint Process Change 1
Attachments for 12/8 meeting:
OWDI #24-2017 Infrastructure Funding Agreements State Funding Mechanism Change 1 – DRAFT 12.05.17
Attachments for 10/13 meeting:
Adult DLW policy draft 10-10-17
Branding Policy-Draft 10-10-17
Conflict of Interest – Draft 10-10-17
Data Validation – Draft 10-10-17
Local_ADULT_ PY16 WIOA Annual Performance Report
New Performance Negotiation – Draft 10-10-17
Nondiscrimination EO Policy,Change 1 – Draft 10-10-17
PY 16 WIOA Adult Annual Performance Report
PY16 WIOA Annual DW Performance Report
PY16 WIOA Annual Youth Performance Report
Transitional Jobs-Draft 10-10-17
WIOA Youth Policy Change 2 Draft 10-10-17
Richard McPherson, Co-Chair
Executive Director, Oklahoma Employment Security Commission , Oklahoma City
John Hawkins, Co-Chair
Owner/Manager, Integrated Insurance Services, Pryor
Muskogee County Commissioner
Founder/President, Antioch Energy
President/CEO, Princess Transport
President/CEO, Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City
Owner/Manager, Williams Farms
Jeane Burruss, Workforce System Coordinator
Oklahoma Office of Workforce Development
Representing Governor’s Council for Workforce and Economic Development
Linda Emrich, Executive Asst to Deputy Secretary for Workforce Development and GCWED Coordinator
Oklahoma Office of Workforce Development
Representing Governor’s Council for Workforce and Economic Development Office of Workforce Development